Social change. Advocacy. transFormation. Education
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men, ages 18 and older, are victims of domestic violence.
- Around 3 in 10 women and 1 in 10 men have experienced physical violence, rape, or stalking.
- Almost half of all women and men in the United States have experienced psychological aggression by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
- Females ages 18 to 24, and 25 to 34, usually experience the highest rates of domestic violence.
- Around 1 in 5 women and 1 in 71 men have been raped in their lifetime.
- Around 1 in 10 Americans have reported elder abuse.
- More than half (51.1%) of female victims of rape reported being raped by an intimate partner and 40.8% by an acquaintance.
- Washington state has around 37% more rapes reported than the national average.
- There have been at least 30 cases of sexual assault reported in San Juan county over the last 2 years. *
If you have been in a domestic violence or sexual assault situation, contact us. You are not alone.
*Reported by Sheriff Ron Krebs in the San Juan Journal. http://www.sanjuanjournal.com/news/382198131.html
Information courtesy of the National Domestic Violence Hotline.